Hugging Day (January 21): Celebration, Meaning, Best Wishes and Facts
National Hugging Day aims to encourage people to express more emotion in public. Hugging as many people as you want is the only way to commemorate the day. There is no connection between National Hug Day and the Free Hugs Campaign, despite their many similarities.
A hug gives your loved one a sense of security and safety while also making them feel at ease. Long-term hugs have the power to elevate our mood by causing the brain’s supply of oxytocin, a neurotransmitter that fosters attachment. Hugs are a sign of affection and concern. You don’t need to say anything on this Hugging Day because emotions always speak louder than words.
On January 21, National Hugging Day, people celebrate the easiest and most powerful way to show affection. Hugging is one of the most instinctive actions, yet it’s not done nearly enough these days! This holiday promotes hugging as a healing method of expressing love and feelings.
It was Kevin Zaborney who established National Hugging Day in 1986. The granddaughter of the owners of Chase’s Calendar of Events was his friend. Zaborney selected January 21 because he observed that people typically felt depressed during this period, which falls between the winter holiday season and the new year’s birthdays. Though he never really thought it would catch on, he also believed that Americans were frequently too ashamed to display affection in public and hoped National Hugging Day would change that.
The word “hug” is thought to have originated from the Old Norse word “hugga,” which means “to comfort,” and first appeared about 450 years ago. That being said, the history of hugging itself is less clear. It is known that public hugging has only just (in the last 50 years) come to be fully accepted, setting it apart from other notable expressions of affection like kissing. Hugging has become popular in recent years. The two main theories for this are the loosening of social norms regarding dress codes and manners in relationships, as well as the actions of public figures who are trying to project a more approachable, humane image to the public.
We hardly even consider the fact that public hugging was once deemed impolite personal contact. Hugs are exchanged to welcome friends and family, bid farewell, or express congratulations. to comfort someone or offer assistance. Before athletic and performance teams play, we give hugs as a general expression of affection in close relationships. Free Hugs charity events are also held!
Hugging is a beautiful gesture that cheers someone who is depressed for whatever reason in their life. Hugging is another way that people show their love and concern for one another.
On National Hugging Day, people can celebrate by giving each other hugs as a way to communicate their innermost feelings. The friendship that friends have developed since meeting will undoubtedly be strengthened by their embrace.
Hug Day is observed to serve as a reminder that giving a friend or family member a hug is totally acceptable when they are in need of comfort. It’s also common knowledge that sharing a public hug with friends to show happiness is acceptable. Hugs can hide the distance between human families.
The purpose of the celebration is to encourage public emotional expression. That is to say, feelings in people do not have to be kept secret and experienced alone. Hugging Day is observed to demonstrate that we can communicate our feelings to those we can trust in our lives.
Hugging is said to be a vital component of relationships, and group hugs are the most enjoyable. Couples can spend the day doing what they love and give each other a warm hug in honor of National Hugging Day. Hugging each other is a great way for couples to show their love for one another and create many happy and special memories. National hug day is a great way to relieve tension and has many health benefits, including lowering blood pressure, heart disease, and boosting the immune system. Another way to commemorate National Hugging Day is with a cheek hug. When you receive a strong hug from your loved ones, heart disease will disappear in people. Aside from Valentine’s Day, families look forward to hugging each other on this special day.
Both the body and the mind benefit from hugging. Hugging is the focus of a national holiday called National Hug Day, which is a grand occasion. On this day, please offer your condolences to anyone you know is ill. A simple hug can bring joy to someone, and a big, fat hug is good for your health. A person’s simple human touch can have a lot of beneficial effects. Reach out to those in need and offer a bear hug as a way of showing them how much you care. Hugs are a universal way for people to express affection and are fundamental to human welfare.
It goes without saying that your family should be the first people you embrace. Give a hug to your parents, siblings, grandparents, spouse, and children (if you have any) as soon as you wake up from slumber.
You should also give your friends a hug during this day. Tell them that you love and appreciate them being in your life.
You can also give free hugs to strangers during this day so that they will be able to feel better. This is a good way to improve their mood and make them happy for the rest of the day.
You can use social media to share your celebration of this day. For example, you can let your friends and followers know that you are celebrating this special day by using the hashtag #NationalHugDay.
A hug is a wonderful sensation. It can instantly improve your mood by giving you a sense of security and worth. But occasionally, no one is there to give you the necessary hug. Put your hands around your head and give yourself a big hug when you most need it. Though it may seem strange to you, bear with us. While friends are wonderful, you are the center of your own universe. And you ought to treat yourself like a celebrity! This entails scheduling plenty of time for loving and caring for oneself. So go ahead and self-hug.
* Zoboeney felt compelled to establish a national hugging day because he recognized that Americans are embarrassed to express their emotions in public. The hug induces a state of happiness.
* National Hugging Day was created to demonstrate that showing emotions in public is acceptable. Being loved is the best feeling.
* January 21st was chosen to commemorate National Hugging Day. It fell between the Christmas and New Year holidays. It is one of the best ways to enjoy hug events while also sharing your love with others.
You may not even be conscious of how many times you give a hug each day, but it seems that meeting a certain “hugging quota” is essential to your growth. Virginia Satir, a family therapist, states that “four hugs a day are necessary for survival.” Eight hugs a day are necessary for our upkeep. For growth, 12 hugs a day are necessary. Although it may seem like a lot, you may be easily meeting the requirements without giving it much thought on a daily basis! For that, we have our loved ones, family, and friends to thank!
Researchers from Carnegie Mellon University looked at how receiving hugs and feeling supported by others affected participants’ likelihood of getting sick with the common cold after being exposed to the virus in a 2015 study with 404 healthy adults. Researchers found that those who felt more social support were less likely to catch a cold, and that 32% of this protective effect could be attributed to hugging’s stress-relieving properties. Even among those who caught a cold, those who experienced more frequent and strong hugs from others also reported less severe symptoms.
Even though a hug from a friend or family member typically lasts three seconds (a brief embrace before moving on to a conversation), longer hugs—20 seconds is the recommended minimum—are better for your health. Oxytocin, a hormone that promotes relaxation and reduces anxiety, is released when we hug someone. Often referred to as the “cuddle hormone,” it can successfully lower blood pressure and the stress hormone norepinephrine when it is released during these 20-second hugs.
* There is one gift which can’t be given without taking it back that is why I give you a hug, happy hug day!!
* A hug is a way to share joy, happiness, and sadness, I want to hug you, as I want to share everything with you.
* I want to hug you so tightly, and want to make you mine forever, happy hug day.
* Sending you today a hug from across the miles so warm and tight, the distances would disappear and you’d know how much I love you!
* There is one gift in this world giving that is as good as receiving. And I give it to you today. Happy hug day!
* A hug warms, delights and charms. It’s the best gift to give to your beloved and I’m sending you across one today.
* If a hug could convey how much I love you, I would hold you in my arms forever.
* Sending your way a warm hug, to let you know that I am thinking of you and I miss you.
* Sending you a hug to ease your stress a kiss to make you smile and my heart to say, I’m thinking of you. Happy hug day!!
* You can’t wrap love in a box, but you can wrap a person in a hug. That must be why God gave us arms. So here is a hug for you on this hug day.
* I want to be hugged today and every day. National Hugging Day.
* Everyone needs a hug! Even those dumb animals! National Hugging Day.
* Surround yourself with people you want to hug all day every day! National hugging day.
* To all my lovely people wherever you are in the world, assure you my hug whenever you need. National Hug Day.
* Cheer up someone today with your warm hug. Happy national hugging day.
* I love getting hugs from my tall Furry friends. National Hugging Day.
* National Hugging Day. If you hug someone today, they would be appreciative of the gesture. Hugs to you all.
* During Hurricane, we spent several days helping some very special evacuees and today, we are sending a virtual hug for National Hugging Day.
* National Hugging Day. Get ready to get the best hug ever!
* Sometimes when nothing goes right, all you need is a big hug. Hug someone today.
* Since it’s National Hug Day, here’s some hugs from me to all of you lovely people.
* The weather this day is a warm welcome, but there is nothing quite like a warm hug! Happy hugging day.
* Happy National Hugging Day to all my friends out there and especially to those who are on fighting for our country.
Hug a Newsman Day reminds us that we all have some kind of newspersons around us and it is time to thank them, just the way I am thanking you.
* Best wishes on Hug a Newsman Day to you….. Hats off to your knowledge and your capacity to share the latest news with all of us.
* Without news, we feel disconnected from the world…. A warm thank you to you for bringing us all the news and connecting us with the world…. Happy Hug a Newsman Day.
* May you always keep doing your job and keep us updated with all the news….. Wishing you a very Happy Hug a Newsman Day.
* I want to wish you a very Happy Hug a Newsman Day and thank you for delivering us with the news that keeps us aware about the world.
* News is the most essential thing in a day and on Hug a Newsman Day, I thank our newspersons for bringing it to us.
* “A hug is all you need to bring happiness and peace to any soul. Spread happiness and warmth with hugs. Warm wishes on National Hugging Day.”
* “Never miss an opportunity to hug your loved ones because they are the most precious thing to you. Wishing a very Happy National Hugging Day.”
* “The occasion of National Hugging Day reminds us all that we are too busy to hug the people we love the most in our lives.”
* “There is something magical about hugs as they instantly uplift our souls and bring us happiness. Warm wishes on National Hugging Day.”
* “There is just one thing that I want in this life and that is many more reasons to hug my family and friends. Happy National Hugging Day to you.”
* “When I have the warmth of hugs to keep me protected and blessed, I don’t need anything else. Warm wishes on National Hugging Day.”
* “On the occasion of National Hugging Day, let us give everyone hugs and make this world a happier place to live. Wishing a very Happy National Hugging Day.”
* “Wishing a very Happy National Hugging Day to everyone. Hugs are the most beautiful and magical things to happen to humans.”
* “Warm greetings on National Hugging Day. Hugs are the best way to connect with the people with love.
* “Wishing a very Happy National Hugging Day to you. Hugs always bring happiness to our souls and smiles to our faces.”
* “When you hug the people you love, it feels like you are holding your world in your arms. Happy National Hugging Day.”
* “I don’t want to miss even one opportunity to hug the people who mean the world to me. Warm wishes on National Hugging Day to you.”
A hug’s nurturing touch fosters a sense of security and trust. This facilitates direct and truthful communication. Hugs immediately raise oxytocin levels, which soothe and fight depressive, angry, and lonely feelings. This teaches us all a valuable lesson: the next time you feel like fighting with your partner, stop and give them a hug instead. It will allow you some space to decompress and serve as a gentle reminder of your strong bond.
The immune system is strengthened by hugs. The solar plexus chakra is opened by the light pressure applied to the sternum, which produces an emotional charge. The thymus gland, which controls and balances the body’s production of white blood cells, is subsequently stimulated by this. The nervous system is also impacted by hugs. Huggers both give and receive a galvanic skin response, which points to a more balanced state of the nervous system after the hug. What’s the English translation of all this? It simply indicates the health benefits of hugs! Not only are they beneficial to your physical health, but also to your emotional well-being. Hugs are considered to be the best form of medicine! Having said that, please visit a doctor if you become ill. We mean business.)
Researchers discovered that giving someone an embrace, even if it’s just with a stuffed animal, can help people feel less afraid of themselves. Because the mechanism of interpersonal touch is so potent, objects that can mimic the touch of another person can also contribute to the instillation of a sense of existential significance. You will see why if you give it some thought: as long as you are loved, it doesn’t matter if we are a tiny dot in the cosmos.
How to celebrate Korean American Day (January 13): Best Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Date, Hisrory and Meaning!
Check out the full list and the major of US calendar in March 2022 with National Day Holidays, Observances and Celebrations.
Check out the full list and the major of US calendar in February with National Day Holidays and Celebrations.